About College: College of Applied Technical Sciences from Niš with 42 –year- long tradition in education is an accredited, independent higher education institution, which educates vocational engineers for the needs of industry and economy. Modern and innovative approach to teaching enables our students to gain practical knowledge, which we wish to offer to our future students as well. More than 15, 000 of our graduate students who do their jobs professionally and contribute to the prosperity of our society continually are the greatest confirmation of our quality.
Director: Aleksandra Boričić
- Undergraduate vocational studies: Industrial engineering, Road traffic, Communication technologies, Modern computer technologies, Civil engineering, Environmental protection;
- Specialist vocational studies: Road traffic safety, Communal engineering;
- Master vocational studies: Waste management, Multimedia communication technologies.
Level of studies: Undergraduate vocational studies (180 ECTS), Specialist vocational studies (60 ECTS), Master vocational studies (120 ECTS)
Projects: College of Applied Technical Sciences in Niš has been involved in the following projects:
- 517200-TEMPUS-1-2011-1-BETEMPUS – SMGR „Establishing and capacity building of the Southern Serbian Academy and the National Conference for Vocational Higher Education“;
- 517153-TEMPUS-1-2011-1-DETEMPUS-JPGR Conducting graduate surveys and improving alumni services for enhanced strategic management and quality improvement “CONGRAD“;
- TEMPUS 158 781 „Occupational Safety and Health – degree curricula and lifelong learning“;
- 530577-TEMPUS-1-2012-1-RS-TEMPUS-JPCR Improvement of Product Development Studies in Serbia And Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- 561821-EPP-1-2015-1-RS-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP Waste management curricula development in partnership with public and private sector.
Project team of the study program Road traffic:
- Project: „Analysis of functioning of the parking system in Niš “ , December 2010 – March 2011, purchaser PUC „Parking service“ – Niš;
- Main project of traffic signalization and technical regulation of traffic in the center of Surdulica, July 2011, purchaser Municipality of Surdulica;
- Main project of installing traffic lights at the junction of Somborska– Kosovke devojke streets in Niš, June 2012, purchaser Public company- Directorate for construction of the city of Niš;
- Main project of installing traffic lights at the junction of Somborska – Studenička streets in Niš, June 2012, purchaser Public company- Directorate for construction of the city of Niš;
- Main project of traffic signalization and equipment in the zone of schools in view of increasing the level of traffic safety in Prokuplje, February 2013, purchaser Municiaplity of Prokuplje;
- Technical control of technical project documentation „Main project of installing traffic lights at the junction of Surduličkih mučenika and Srpskih vladara streets in Surdulica“, January 2014, purchaser Municiplaity of Surdulica;
- Elaboration „Set of measures for solving parking problems in Niška banja spa“, June 2014, purchaser PUC „Parking service“ – Niš;
- Main project of traffic signalization and equipment in the zone of a nursery school in Veljka Milankovića Buka street in Prokuplje, September 2014, purchaser Municipality of Prokuplje;
- Comparative analysis of the system of driver rehabilitation in Europe and the world with recommendations for improvement of the existing system for driver rehabilitation in the Republic of Serbia;
- Establishing educational needs of the licensed driving instructors-survey of the current level of knowledge and skills in relation to the necessary competences;
- Analysis of the optimal organization of taxi service on the territory of the city of Niš with the proposal for taxi ride costs;
- Elaboration on traffic and technical solutions for the working signalization during construction works on the construction of power line 35 kV from TC 110/35/10 kV “Vlasotince” to the future TC 35/10 kV “Gornji orah” in Tegošnica and from there to TC 35/10 kV “Sastav reka” in the river composition on the state road 1 B of the order no. 39 and the state road 2А of the order number 231;
- Elaboration on traffic and technical solutions for the working signalization during construction works on the construction of the mixed delivery line (10kV and 0,4kV “Cigansko groblje” to STS 10/04kV “Cara Dušana” in Lebane.
Accredited professional lectures
- Principle of energy efficiency in building construction;
- Business communications;
- Advanced Excel.
Samsung Apps Laboratory
Laboratory for development of mobile applications has been launched in April 2011 with the support of Samsung company. It has 12 working positions and is fully equipped with the state of the art devices for developing applications (computers, smart phones, smart TVs and a smart board). So far, more than 40 applications have been developed which have been installed by more than 500,000 users worldwide. VTŠ Apps Team is a team of professors, teaching assistants and students formed to enable students to gain practical experience and prepare themselves better for the future engagement in their profession through practical work in the laboratory.
Most significant achievements of the Apps team:
- Developing and launching the first Serbian smart TV application;
- Award for the best local bada application on Bada Challenge competition;
- Award for the best practical implementation at the IEEESTEC 2014 conference with the project VTŠ Access Control;
- First place at the IEEESTEC 2013 conference with the project VTŠ Explorer;
- First place at the IEEESTEC 2012 conference with the project Great Warriors;
- Android application Masterata for the needs of the Societe General bank;
- Hardware-software solution for collecting cans and plastic bottles, Oil Industry of Serbia NIS within Together for the Community program.
Cooperation with the Societe General bank:
College of Applied Technical Sciences in cooperation with the Societe General bank assists the implementation of high school student projects. The assistance is reflected in finding potential investors and giving mentor support to the project teams. The project was initiated on October 1st, 2015.
Partners of the College of Applied Technical Sciences:
- Republic Agency for Traffic Safety;
- Microsoft Development Network – Academic Alliance;
- Samsung Electronics GMBH;
- Regional Chamber of Economy Niš;
- Philip Moris Inc.;
- Navak – National Driving Academy;
- Porr Werner Weber;
- Institute for Public Health;
- Medical Center Niš;
- Societe General bank;
- Road Engineering – Company for production, low-rise construction and transport– Niš;
- Tehnogradnja LLC –Kruševac;
- Proksima LLC – Babušnica;
- Niš Ekspres stock company Niš;
- PUC Naisus;
- PC Airport Niš;
- PUC Directorate for the Public Urban Transport of the City of Niš;
- IT center Niš.